4/27/12

Thoughts On Another Season For DNB

I just wanted to do some reflecting on the season for Dino Nation Blog. This was a challenging season in so many ways. I honestly have never felt so truly tired after a season in my life. The obvious reason for that was this crazy lockout schedule that had a dramatic impact on everything and everyone and that included myself and Dino Nation Blog. I did my best to solider through another season despite all of the challenges it provided. In the end it left me feeling that I could have done a better job but still gave the same 100% effort that I always do. You will never here me say 110% as my father always hated that expression. All you have to give is your 100% nothing more.

I hope despite all the challenges, I was still able to provide you a site that was able to provide you info, opinion and content that helped you have a better experience as fan this season. That is my job to do that and you all ultimately are the final judges on if I have succeeded at that. I have always looked at the DNB as a site that works for the fans. I pay attention to what you all are saying and try to respond to that. Obviously I have my own opinions that I am never afraid to project. It has never mattered to me if it was the popular opinion or not, but that it was an honest assessment from my point of view. I always do my best to interact with readers and get to know as many of you as humanly possible. That will never change. I will always try to respond to anyone that invests their time to speak to me. Even if you have a totally different point of view. I try and always treat you in a respectful way and will never fight to the death about anything. I have said it many times, we all love basketball and care about it deeply. Still at the end of the day it is never a life or death matter. It is suppose to be fun being a sports fan. I always try to keep that in mind.

Part of what has made the Dino Nation Blog successful is all the wonderful guests we have. This includes the players from when I am covering games, to the media folks that have become regular guests in this blog to all of you that support it and take the time to share things with others through social media and other methods. As much as I want to do so much more, I also am aware of two things. One, that this blog has come a long way from where it started. I was cleaning up the other day and found something I had wrote with goals for the blog. It was nice to see that all of the things on that list are now reality. The second thing, that I am well aware of, is that the Dino Nation Blog has been able to do these things thanks to the support and time of so many people. I will not list everyone that would include but please know how much I truly am thankful for all of these people.

You may have read the post about building TEAM DNB. This is going to be a big change for the blog. We have had the odd staff member over the years but never for a long period of time. I thank those folks for their time and work. This time I am committed to building a staff that will allow me to do more and expand on my vision of what I want this blog to be. I am taking great care and time in the selection of the people we bring in. I want these people to understand what the DNB has been and to bring what they have to offer to the table doing it in the way you have become accustom to here.

Ultimately the most thanks goes to all of you. I really am grateful for the constant support of so many people. I have overtime got to know some of you and that has been a positive and unexpected twist to all of this. That was never a thought in the original idea when I started doing this. It is a welcome one though. In a season such as this it can be hard at times to stay motivated. Yet someone will tweet something that makes me laugh or inspires an idea and keeps me rolling. I truly love Raptor Fans and think they are truly a great fan base to work for. It is a great community that we all share. I am proud to be a part of it. So thanks for another year of support and don't forget the DNB runs year round. Last season with the lockout it kind of shut us down. This off-season will be back to business as usual.

That begins with a ton of post season wrap up stuff with stuff I gathered today in Toronto and hooking up with some guesting in the Starting 5. First of those will be a guy that a lot of you have been missing calling games. Jack Armstrong is going to be joining me sometime next week. Will have a date for you soon. He is my favourite guest and based on your support of the interviews one of yours as well. Lots of work to do but I felt the need to stop and take the time to thank everyone for another season of support and love. It is my pleasure and privilege to try and inform and hopefully entertain you each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment