7/7/10

It's Over

It is now official Chris Bosh will join the Miami Heat. In a interview on ESPN with Michael Wilbon both Wade and Bosh said they will play together in Miami. They also both made reference several times to this not being about money. This is all bad news for the Raptors and it sure seems like Chris Bosh has walked and left Bryan Colangelo holding the bag. No specific contract details were discussed for Wade or Bosh.

Chris said that this was a tough choice to leave Toronto and claims to have been in constant contact with Jarrett Jack through this process. Both said they made the best choice for their families. Which makes sense if this was about money, but both said it wasn't and both are not from Miami. Wade is from Chicago and Bosh Dallas. So what family has do with being in South Beach is unclear.

Wade supported Eric Spoelstra saying that he was the coach of the Heat 100%. Pat Riley had made waves saying he would consider returning to the bench if it helped land free agents. The door seems wide open for Lebron James to join Bosh and Wade in Miami if that is what he wants to do.

The responses from Raptors fans on the feed of ESPN that i was watching were harsh to say the least. If this turns out that Bosh has left outright even if he hasn't Bosh has replaced Vince Carter as the Raptor fans super villain. I have been disappointed in Chris actions in this process but I do not hate him for 2 months and for me it does not erase 7 years. However, I am also clear that I am in the minority. While not many will wish Chris Bosh well.....I will. That being said when he is booed out of the building at the ACC next season he will only need to look in the mirror for the reason why.

10 comments:

  1. I Don't blame CB4 for leaving the raps I wish him nothing But The Best of Luck in Miami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only thing I blame Chris for is how he handled himself in this process for 7 years on the floor he gave his best. I to do not wish him any ill will in Miami.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still believe in Bryan Colangelo? I sure don't anymore. He gave us nothing but false hope. I would not even consider extending the guy this off-season, he will be evaluated until the trade deadline and then decide if it's time to part-ways or not, but If I had to guess right now, I'd say they part ways with him late Feb. You cannot say that Bryan Colangelo has done a good job in his tenure in T.O.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with James. I do not hate Chris. I am really dissappointed the way he handled himself the past two weeks. He gave his all on the floor for 7 years. Remember that he did resign and want to give BC a chance to build a good team around him. It just did not pan out. Now I will be a little bit angry if he does not try to help with a sign and trade.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do want to point out that I am NOT saying a sign and trade is out of the mix. Only that based on the ESPN interview it sure appeared that this was not a money choice for Bosh. Even still I can't imagine a sign and trade will help to the degree some want to suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your a fraud buddy!! Own up to loving the hedo and bargnani signings. I told you they would destroy the raps. You wouldn't know a bad signing if it bit you in the ass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what is great about a blog. Go search the dates when the signings were made. I did not endorse or like not just the Hedo Signing and Bargnani Contract but I hated the J.O trade. So please go buy a clue. Things on the internet remain forever. So do you homework before you go shooting off you mouth like an idiot. I would use a name instead of idiot but you didn't have the guts or inclination to leave one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forget Chris Bosh, him and D Wade are the next Stockton and Malone, they will never win rings together. Bosh is more interested in being famous than being a winner so good riddance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's only a matter of time before Wade realizes what a loser Bosh is. Everyone whines in hindsight about Bosh's "poor supporting cast" AFTER the end of every season. Yet before every season starts, Raptors fans think he has a strong supporting cast. And he has (for the last 4 years).

    You don't have to take my word for it. Go to basketball-reference.com and check out the stats of Bosh's supporting cast the last 4 years (PER, TS%, Points per 48 minutes, etc.). He's had a better supporting cast the last 4 years than Vince EVERE had when he was here. That's not my opinion. That is FACT. The numbers are right there in black and white. Yet only 2 playoff appearances (and 3 TOTAL games won) in 7 years. If that's not a loser, I don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with James too, I hope Bosh does well in Miami. While I agree he didn't handle this great the last few weeks, I imagine it wasn't easy. I think we all know how difficult the Toronto media makes things, so I'll just say at least he only had good things to say about Toronto and his time as a Raptor. Things could've gone better, but he could've done a lot worse too.

    ReplyDelete